I thought I’d write up some incredible experiences to have in travelling – specifically around Asia as I’ll be heading there for the next few years. Have a read and enjoy some of these bucket items that will have your wanderlust on overdrive! I’ve previously made a ‘30 Bucket List Travel Goals‘ if you want to go and check that out! I thought I would make another now as I have completed some of the previous goals. I want to create a list that is realistic; now that I’m 25! 5 years to tick as many of these as I can, but also the rest of my life, 30 is just a good starting point 😉
This is also a good way to reflect on some of the amazing opportunities I have already experienced in the last few years. A lot have been unplanned (which is the best way). It just shows that if you put your mind to something and prioritise what you want from life; then making a list like this doesn’t seem so unobtainable as it first might seem…
A few notable ones have been: Holi festival in India, camel riding in the desert, meditating on a mountain, leading a team in Ghana, re-visiting my village in Nepal, running a half-marathon, rum on a pirate ship, seeing elephants in the wild again, visiting the Taj Mahal and so many more!
Here they are, 30 Bucket List things to do;
- Complete 1 year teaching abroad
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Celebrate Chinese New year in China
- Island hopping in the Philippines
- See a wild tiger
- Ride on a boat down the Mekong River
- Have visited 30 different countries (10/30)
- See Panda Bears
- Learn a martial art
- Learn to cook a Chinese dish
- Take part in the Lantern Festival
- Live abroad for more than a 1 year
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- See Orang-utans in Borneo
- Shop at the Bangkok floating markets
- Visit Myanmars Bagan temples
- Travel to Indonesia
- Take a cruise around Ha Long Bay
- Travel south India
- Get another tattoo
- Continue to write and document!
- Head back to Nepal
- Head to a spa in Bali
- Swim in a waterfall
- Visit Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay in Singapore
- Go paddle boarding
- Huang pu River in Shanghai
- See the Terracotta army
- Travel to Sri Lanka
Hopefully I can achieve a lot of these ideas in the next 5 years or so, especially as I’m heading over to Shanghai to teach for year! When I write these lists it is never as ‘I must do these or I won’t be happy’. I write them for inspiration and to give some kind of direction. If I manage to tick even a handful of these things off before I get to 30 then I’ll be so grateful! What’s on your bucket list or things to do in 2017?
Share the ideas to inspire each other to keep experiencing new things and adventures!
Follow along my journey and get some inspiration from my social channels below 🙂
Travel. Create, Be Nice!